- This event has passed.
2017 ENERGY BUSINESS FORUM
August 23, 2017 - August 24, 2017
The LATEST EDITION of the Toque & Mail dated August 23, 2017 can be FOUND HERE NOW!
The Conference Opening edition of the Toque & Mail Newsletter is available HERE!
Fort St John’s Mayor, Lori Ackerman will deliver the Keynote Address to open the 2017 EBF on Wednesday, August 23 at 9 am in Banff. She will be introduced by Alberta’s Energy Minister, Hon. Marg McCuaig-Boyd who will provide opening remarks on behalf of the host province at her 3rd consecutive CEEA Conference. Lori’s strong voice in support of our industry is evident in the recent article attached here. Read what she has to say and make plans now to show your support for her outstanding commitment to the future of our great nation.
Over the 2 days of the EBF, the following Panels will convene and be followed by Round Table Discussions with audience participants:
1. Allying with First Nations, moderated by Cheryl Cardinal – CEO, Indigenous Centre for Engery; and featuring Chief Jim Boucher – Fort McKay First Nation; Mark Little – President Upstream, Suncor; Mark O’Byrne – President, Schlumberger Canada
2. Resources & Canadian Strategic Interests in the 21st Century, moderated by Tim McMillan – President & CEO of CAPP; and featuring Doug Suttles – President & CEO, EnCana; Rob Dutton – President, Devon Canada
3. Getting to Win/Win – O&G Service Relationships, moderated by Dale Dusterhoft – President & CEO, Trican; and featuring Greg Fagnan – Principal – Strategic Partnerships, Cenovus Energy; Joy Romero – VP, Technology & Innovation at Canadian Natural Resources Limited and Chair of the Clean Resource Innovation Network; David Yager – Independent Consultant
4. Social License and the Culture War on Oil & Gas, moderated by Hon. Diana McQueen – President & CEO, DMC Consulting; and featuring Paul Cassidy – Partner, McCarthy Tetrault; Vivian Krause – Independent Researcher/Blogger @FairQuestions; Chris Tucker – Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting; Rhys Turner – Queensland Director, Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA)
5. Oil & Gas in the New NAFTA, moderated by Hon. Gary Mar – former Alberta envoy to USA and Asia; and featuring Governor Mary Fallin of the State of Oklahoma; Carlo Dade of Canada West Foundation’s Trade & Investment Centre; Wang Xinping, Consul General, People’s Republic of China in Calgary.
We are thrilled to announce that Treaty Six Grand Chief Wilton Littlechild will be introduced as Wednesday’s Keynote Luncheon speaker by Jordan Jolicoeur, President of Carvel Electric. Mr Littlechild, who represents the Ermineskin Cree Nation will speak on the topic “Common Values and the Path Forward” after which he will take questions from the floor in a session to be moderated by Stephen Buffalo, CEO of the Indian Resource Council, who also serves as the CEEA’s Governor, First Nations Engagement. Chief Littlechild’s distinguished service background includes Canadian Member of Parliament, Truth & Reconciliation Commissioner, Member of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Alberta Order of Excellence, Order of Canada and election to seven different Sports Halls of Fame.
Completing our Guest Speaker line-up on Wednesday Evening at Dinner will be Canada’s most iconic media thespian, Rex Murphy, who will share his passion for our great nation and the unparalleled role that energy has played in binding us gloriously together from Sea to Sea to Sea! As an extra bonus, Rex will be participating as one of our Round Table discussion leaders in Wednesday’s day program, following up on issues raised by Panel 2 on Resources & Canadian Strategic Interests in the 21st Century.
Registration for 2017 EBF at the Banff Springs, August 23-24 is OPEN NOW!